Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Can

Hello. If Barack Obama can become the President of the United States, then I can certainly build a global fashion brand based on the steelpan and steel drums.

Yes I can.

Like so many others, I feel very inspired by Obama. And of course, as I tell everyone, we are Harvard Class of 91 classmates!!! So I am especially proud.

But more than that, this win has caused me to take a good look at what I'm doing. Hmmm. starting a fashion business based on steel drums is a whole lot easier than taking on the political establishment in the US, as an African American. Given that I do have a family history in this artform, creative ideas without limit and the story to make good p.r., then there's no reason why Liz Mannette will not become an international brand similar in stature to the major Italian and European brands. My name is already European; Mannette is French and can sound Italian.

So there is nothing stopping me from building this business within this niche and accessorizing all the people of the steelband music world with stylish, quality items that say "WOW".

No comments: